These CVCe activities are perfect for working on CVCe words with Kindergarten students (or 1st grade too!)
If you are looking for hands-on and engaging CVCe centers for your classroom - these are for you!
Designed with early readers in mind, these CVCe words activities will give you a variety of differentiated centers and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging CVCe words centers that are NOT themed and can be used ANY TIME of year! (see the preview and description below for full details).
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
of print and play, skill-based centers.
Looking for centers that are themed? You will love our themed math and literacy centers.
CVCe WORDS CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDED:
– Print and laminate these cards for a fun BINGO game with CVCe words! There are 10 individual BINGO cards. Great for small groups or to play as a whole class (have a few winners at a time) Make it fun for everyone while practicing reading CVCe words!
CVCe Pocket Chart Word Building
- Use the word, picture, and letter cards for several activities in a pocket chart! Ways to play:
* Build CVCe words by matching letters to the word pictures
* Build CVCe words by matching letters to the word cards
* Build CVCe words by matching letters to pictures (spelling with no guidance)
* Match up picture and word cards (with or without the labels for guidance) as a matching game.
CVCe Real/Nonsense Word Sort
- Read the CVCe words and sort real vs. nonsense words!
CVCe Writing Center Activities
– These writing activities will be perfect for your writing centers as your students learn CVCe words!
* Write or Color the room
* Tracing strips or writing strips, depending on your students’ levels and needs! Use some or all!
CVCe Word Building Cards
– Use magnets, letter beads, tiles etc. to build the words in the boxes. In the next game, build the words and then write them, too! Choose your level of play – there are differentiated options.
Onset and Rime Puzzles
– Print and laminate these puzzles to work on onset and rime! Choose your set – there are differentiated options depending on the level of your students.
CVCe Word Family Mini-Books
– These mini- books are SUPER easy to prep – N0 staples needed! Just print and fold twice! 15 Mini-books included.
CVCe CRUNCH! (2 levels)
– Pick a milk card and say the picture name. Find and color the matching CVCe cookie! (One set includes the CVCe words written next to the picture for matching support).
CVCe Cookies and Milk (2 levels)
– Print the CVCe word cookies for a matching game option. Match with the glasses of milk! (One set includes the CVCe words written next to the picture for matching support).
Bake Me a Cake (2 levels)
– Pick a stove card and say the picture name. Find and color the matching CVCe cake! (One set includes the CVCe words written next to the picture for matching support).
Scoop It Up (15 Word Family and CVCe Searches)
– Read the word family on the ice cream cone. Color only the scoop CVCe words in that word family!
CVCe Blending Cards (84 total)
– Use on a ring, as flashcards – anyway you choose! They include dots under each sound for kids to point and say the sounds as they read.
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the files.
More Activities Your Kids Will Love:
CVCe Fluency Passages
CVCe Phonics Poems
CVCe Word Family Emergent Readers