35 no prep phonics worksheets for CVCe words that are aligned to the Science of Reading!
★ Please see the preview for more detailed information and sneak peeks! ★
These 35 CVCe Words Worksheets are:
- ZERO prep
- Fully Decodable (see note below)
- Includes answer keys
CVCe practiced in these worksheets include:
CVCe Words practice included in these worksheets:
- Orthographic mapping (word mapping) CVCe words
- Blending CVCe words
- Identifying/matching/writing CVCe words
- Building CVCe words letter by letter (cut and paste)
- Reading decodable sentences with CVCe words
- Showing comprehension of decodable sentences that include CVCe words
- Reading decodable passage with CVCe words and answering comprehension questions
A Note about the Decodable Sentences & Passages / High Frequency Words
- The sentences and passages include
- The 10 pre-reading irregular words (heart words) are: a, and, I, for, is, of, the, to, was, you
There are 11 different types of worksheets.
- Word Mapping (based on pictures)
- Read & Match (write word under picture - word bank included)
- Write & Find (word map + word search)
- Crack the Code & Read (beginning sound code → reading cvc words, circle matching picture)
- Blend & Read (and circle the matching picture)
- Build Words (cut and paste letters to make the word; write the word)
- Read & Find (the matching picture)
- Read & Draw (decodable sentences)
- Pyramid Read & Match (decodable sentences with cut and paste pictures)
- Unscramble (decodable sentences) and Read
- Read (decodable passage) and Answer (comprehension questions)
Answer keys are included.
Note: These pages ALL CVCe vowel sounds for long a, long I, long o, and long u. This includes multiple CVCe vowel sounds on one page.
1 ► Leave me a ❓“question” in my TpT store OR
2 ► Email me Lauren@aTeachableTeacher.com
► Click HERE to follow my store and be notified when new resources are posted.
► Click HERE to join The Teachable Teachers!