This lesson pack includes 12 lessons all focused on Cyber Bullying. All these lessons are technology integrated!!
Cyber Bullying Case Studies
- Students are required to type out a number of case studies and make the necessary changes to them in a word document. For example they will be asked to highlight the cyber bullying website in the text and to make it bold.
Cyber Bullying Debate
- Students are required to break into two groups of five (or however the teacher sees fit) and debate the following topic:
*anonymity online is a good thing*
It is up to the team to research and come up with reasons to back their opinions. The lessons comes with some examples of arguments that the teams can use. Students must include a PowerPoint presentation to back up their debate.
Cyber Bullying Leaflet Task
- It is the students job to create a 3 column two sided leaflet from the information attached about cyber bullying. It is their responsibility to be as creative as they can be. Remembering to use colour, clip arts, pictures, fonts that stand out, and keep in mind that this leaflet is meant to attract the attention of young people.
Students are to remember that it is important not to include all information. A leaflet should be short sweet and to the point and should only contain the most important information.
This lesson comes with instructions on how to create a leaflet in Microsoft Word
Cyber Bullying Poster
- This task will be completed in Microsoft publisher and should be created over one A3 page. This poster campaign is entirely in the students hands and they can be as creative as you would like with it. Don’t be afraid to use google for some inspiration but please do not copy a poster that is online. Make sure they take time out to think about what they would like to focus on. This could be facebook comments, or the dangers of snap maps. Make sure to cover the entire page and remember you want this to stand out to young people so make sure it is eye catching!
Cyber Bullying PowerPoint
- It is now time to create a PowerPoint presentation on what they have learned about cyber bullying over the past few lessons. The slideshow should contain at least 8 slides and make sure to include a picture of their poster and any other work that they have done. This project is to be completed on an individual basis and is not a group project. Remember to make it as creative as you would like as this is your project!
Cyber Bullying Quiz
- Students will sit down and take a quiz about their knowledge on what they have learned so far
Cyber Bullying Microsoft Word Task
- Students are required to make a number of different changes in Microsoft word to a document that focuses on cyber bullying.
Facebook Anti Bullying Campaign
- Students are required to use the schools Facebook page to each share something in which they believe will have a positive affect for the page. This can be a bullying quote, or YouTube Video or even a website link that they found can be beneficial. this lesson should be very interactive and as a class it should be discussed about what kind of content should be put on the Facebook page. It is also good to get the students involved in the Facebook page because it gives it a sense of community and not so formal.
Internet Use - Graphs
- Students are given a survey in which they must get the school to fill out. After this is done they will come together as a class and study the data received. they are then required to make charts out of this data on Microsoft word. These bar charts / pie chrts can be used a display as this lesson also includes a display banner labelled 'Our Social Media Trends'
Letter of Complaint
- Students will read a letter of complaint made by the school principal to it's students over a number of bullying incidents that had happened in the school. students are required to re arrange the letter and make sure it is in the right format.
Microsoft Word Task 2
-This is another document about cyber bullying in which the students are required to make changes.
Using a QR Code
- As part of your cyber bullying campaign you are required to find a video/article/poster that you find is very fitting to your project. You are then required to print this QR code on a piece of coloured paper. Your teacher will download a QR code reader and be able to read everybody’s link.