Students research and write an informative composition on the Spanish explorer, Cabez de Vaca, who was perhaps, the first European to set foot on Texas soil. An informative reading passage, note taking outline, and blank writing page is included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and Texas TEKS Writing objectives are supported. 4th Grade Texas TEKS are supported as well.
* 1 Reading Passage
* 3 Outlines / Graphic Organizer for Note-taking
~ 1 outline provides topics
~ 1 outline is blank / students provide topics and subtopics
~ 1 outline is in an alternative format
* 1 Composition Page
* 1 Reflection Page
* 1 Research Rubric
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
* 1 Sample Product
* Product Pieces
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* TX History Museum,
* Writing Contest
* Introduction to Research
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Any verbally advanced student
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Similar products can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
Tonkawa Indians Research
Mammals Math Task Cards
TX Longhorns Research
Leaders of the Alamo Research
Teachers Pay Teachers / Kathy Adams