Have fun earning the Comic Artist Badge using this booklet for each girl. I designed it to work for both individual girls or for a small or larger group. Broke down into the 5 steps for the badge with activities for each step. Complete this booklet and the girls will earn the Comic Artist Badge
Step of Activities
1. Delve into the world of comics - Three different famous comics and read them figure out what they liked and disliked about them what the artist was trying to say and what was the punch line of the cartoon. Write your own speech bubbles to a famous cartoon Calvin and Hobbes.
2. Choose a story to tell - This activity will give the girls a opportunity to create a story of their own. They needed to pick the characters and a scenario. Variations to play a game with group
3. Draw it out - Learn how to draw a cat and a dog step by step.
4. Frame It in four panels - practice making different facial expressions using blank faces the girls will draw or put together using supplies in booklet(eyes, noses, and mouths the girls could cut out and glue on faces)
5. Add the words - Finish a comic strip using supplies in the booklet or create their own speech bubbles.