This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Cadette Finding Common Ground badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges.
This booklet will have activities that are hands on to keep the girls engaged while earning badge the girls will work together to find common ground by exploring what they have in common with girls in their troop, learn how to debate, and find ways to persuade others to agree with them, work together in a activity to learn how to compromise on a issue, learn how to find a resolution to a issue with a mediator. The girls will have fun while learning the skills that are used in our government to help citizens with differing opinions find common ground.With step by step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting.
-Finding common ground with people who are different than you
- girls will learn more about what makes them different then girls in troop using a fun scavenger hunt worksheet
-Making decisions as a group
- girls will complete two activities learning more about different group decision making methods, and then playing a game as aa group practicing using the decision methods they learned about.
-How to debate the right way
- girls will complete two activities practicing debating using the worksheets to create a argument.
-Time to compromise
- Girls will play a game which will allow them to work in two different teams wanting different things, the group as a whole will come up with a compromise that works for everyone.
-Sometimes you need Mediation
- Girls will practice using mediation to solve a conflict when neither side will agree. The activity included in this activity book will be education and fun.
Do you need more ideas on this topic?
Gain even more free ideas to teach your girls more about finding common ground with other girls in troop, click here.
Leader Connecting Leaders is not affiliated with The Girl Scouts of the USA. The products are not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA