Use this beginning of the year math activity for multiple purposes, including a quick assessment of your students’ computation skills, as they construct equations whose answers contain information about them! This activity works for:
- many different levels of learning by simply adjusting the requirements for the equations
- simple addition and subtraction used with primary students
- complex multiplication, division, and multi-step problems used with upper elementary students
- a hallway display for Open House
- conversations starters for a get-to-know-you session
- AND MUCH MORE!