Hi there! This is an activity that is perfect for Marine Science!
- Students will calculate salinity of aquatic environments and map out the global distribution of aquatic salinities.
- The teacher will set up stations with beakers of different salinities (instructions included and answer key) with task cards that are included (see preview).
- Students will practice calculating salinity when given grams of salt added to the solution, mL of water, PPT, or % salinity.
- Option to have students check their math by using a salinity refractometer.
- Sense making questions and a spot for students to make predictions is included.
- Extension activity ideas included!
- Document is editable.
Please send me a message if you have any questions!