An an AVID teacher, my students calculate their GPA every nine weeks.
However, I went online and found that many of the GPA sheets out there had information for high school such as AP classes (that my middle school students didn't need) or there was so much text on the page that it became overwelming to the students and just looked messy to me.
I created this two piece product which includes:
• CALCULATING YOUR GPA
- Minimal wording, easy to use and calculate.
- My students are able to do this completely on their own!
• GPA REFLECTION SHEET
- Students track their First, Second, Third, and Fourth nine weeks GPA.
- They reflect on their disappointments, achievements, areas of growth, etc.
- I print this sheet front to back so that they can easily flip back and forth and see how their GPA has fluctuated over the year.
- It has a special box that asks if they are proud of their performance in AVID.
BOTH ITEMS ARE EASILY EDITABLE IN WORD so you can adjust the language or adjust the grading periods (currently in nine week format) etc.!
My students keep both of these sheets in their AVID portfolios so they don't get lost!
Getting bored of a GPA tracking sheet every 6 to 9 weeks?
Try making Vision Boards!!!
Have students create a Vision Board with one academic goal and one personal goal. They find pictures, words, and quotes that represent their goal and the steps it would take to achieve their goals. Below is my lesson with instructions, grading rubric, and REAL student examples of completed Vision Boards!
Vision Boards: Year-Round Goal Setting in a Creative, Personal Way!!
***One of my most popular items on TPT!!***
Thank you for downloading!
****Don't forget to leave feedback and a rating on purchased items to receive TpT credits towards future purchases. That's like FREE MONEY!!!