This lesson is intended for AP Calculus AB, BC, and Calculus Honors students. The single lesson includes a student handout, a SMARTNOTEBOOK 11 presentation, and a completed set of notes. There is also a homework assignment for the lesson.
Students will understand the basic derivative rules for the six trigonometric functions. They will find first and second derivatives, write equations for tangent lines, and more. Knowledge of double angle formulas and Pythagorean Identities are helpful.
The unit includes:
1) The Derivative and Tangent Line Problem
2) Differentiability and Continuity
3) Basic Differentiation Rules
4) Equations of Tangent Lines
5) Product & Quotient Rules
6) The Chain Rule
7) Differentiation of Trigonometric Functions
8) Implicit Differentiation
9) Differentiation From Tables or Symbolically
10) Position, Velocity, and Acceleration
11) Exponential Functions Differentiation
12) The Natural Logarithmic Function
13) Bases Other Than e
14) Inverse Functions
15) Derivatives of Inverse Trigonometric Functions
16) Related Rates (includes an Intro Activity)
You may also be interested in the Differentiation Review & Assessment Bundle
Please be sure to visit My Store
for more engaging activities for your AP Calculus AB and BC students.
Be the first to hear about my new products, sales, and FREEBIES!
Click on the green star near the top of any page in my store to become a follower. This will allow you to receive customized e-mail updates about my store.
If you have any questions or comments
please contact me by email me at: email@example.com
Thanks for shopping in my store!