This is the third lesson in a thirteen-lesson unit on Differentiation
for students enrolled in AP Calculus AB or BC, Calculus Honors, or College Calculus. Every lesson includes
✎ A set of Guided Student Notes
✎ A daily homework assignment
✎ Four forms of a daily homework quiz or exit ticket
✎ Teachers also have the benefit of a fully-editable SmartBoard® Lesson
for presentation and discussion.
You need Smart Notebook software to run the presentation.
It can be displayed through the software and a projector. If you don't have a SmartBoard, you can use an IPAD App, such as SplashTop, to remotely write on the presentation. You can also interact and edit online at Smart Notebook Express
* Estimate instantaneous rates of change graphically and numerically
* Explore the concept of local linearity using investigation and discovery
* Write tangent line equations from graphical estimates
* Use the tangent line to investigate function behavior and function values in a small neighborhood.
The unit includes:
1) Rates of Change and Introduction to Derivatives
2) Tangent Lines and Local Linearity
3) Investigating Slope Graphs
4) The Derivative and Tangent Line
5) Differentiability and Continuity
6) Basic Differentiation Rules
7) Product & Quotient Rules
8) The Chain Rule
9) Symbolic Differentiation With Tables and Graphs
10) Derivatives of Inverse Functions
11) Derivatives of Bases Other Than e
12) Equations of Tangent Lines and Linear Approximations
13) Implicit Differentiation
Did you know that you can earn 5% back for future purchases
by leaving feedback? I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback!
Be the first to hear about my new products, sales, and FREEBIES!
Click on the green star near the top of any page in my store to become a follower. This will allow you to receive customized e-mail updates about my store.
If you have any questions or comments
please contact me by email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for shopping in my store!
Created by Jean Adams , © 2016 Flamingo Math™ , LLC