The videos are to be used as a PREVIEW of the next day’s lesson. This helps students come to class with some prior knowledge before the lesson is taught. The warm-ups are given as a quick way to check and see if each student watched the short videos.
There are several benefits to this method:
• Students are immediately engaged in the lesson because they already “know” something about it.
• Students that learn at a slower pace, develop confidence and are more willing to participate in class because they’ve already learned something about the new topic.
• Pacing increases because students understand the topic faster due to having some prior knowledge before the lesson.
• Students enjoy learning from a variety of educators!
• PLUS you will have more time in class for practice, activities, group work, etc.
1) Student Edition - can be copied and given to students
2) Digital Edition - projected on the whiteboard or Smart board
UNIT 2 – Includes 16 video links and warm-ups on the following topics:
• Rates of change
• Sandwich Theorem
• Infinite Limits
• Intermediate Value Theorem
• Secant Lines
• Tangent Lines
I find great value in this teaching method and I hope you do too!
Check out my other Calculus - Video Links and Warm-Ups:
Calculus Warm-Ups BUNDLE: Units 1-9
Unit 1 – Prerequisites for Calculus
Unit 3 - Derivatives
Unit 4 - More Derivatives
Unit 5 - Applications of Derivatives
Unit 6 - The Definite Integral
*The links are to FREE videos found on YouTube. Algebra and Beyond is in no way affiliated or endorsed by any of the creators.
Learn more about Algebra and Beyond's resources:
© Algebra and Beyond 2015
This product is intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.