This is the first lesson in an eight-lesson unit on Parametrics, Polars, and Vectors
for students enrolled in AP Calculus BC or Calculus 2.
Every lesson includes
✎ A set of Guided Student Notes
✎ A daily homework assignment
✎ Two forms of a daily homework quiz or exit ticket
✎ Teachers also have the benefit of a fully-editable SMART Board® Lesson
for presentation and discussion.
★ Sketch the graph of a curve given by a set of parametric equations
★ Eliminate the parameter in a set of parametric equations
★ Find a set of parametric equations to represent a curve.
★ Sketch the orientation of a parametric curve
★ Use technology to compare and verify parametric curves with rectangular curves.
This lesson is a "crash Course" for students that may not have seen the concepts of Parametric functions in Pre-Calculus. The lesson aligns to the following Common Core Standards and Learning Objectives:
The unit includes the following topics:
1. Parametric Equations and Plane Curves
2. Parametric Equations and Calculus
3. Polar Coordinates and Graphs
4. Area and Arc Length in Polar Coordinates
5. Vectors in the Plane
6. The Dot Product of Two Vectors
7. Vector-Valued Functions
8. Velocity and Acceleration of Vector Functions
The SMART Board lesson can be used in many ways.
Teachers can display the presentation using the following:
* SMART Board®
* Airliner Wireless Slate
* SMART Notebook for IPAD App
* Through the SMART Notebook Express ®
* Promethean Boards©
* Other APPS available for Tablets
If you have any questions or comments
please contact me by email me at: email@example.com
Thanks for shopping in my store!