This is the fourth lesson in a thirteen-lesson unit on Differentiation
for students enrolled in AP Calculus AB or BC, Calculus Honors, or College Calculus. Every lesson includes
✎ A set of Guided Student Notes
✎ A daily homework assignment
✎ Four forms of a daily homework quiz or exit ticket
✎ Teachers also have the benefit of a fully-editable SmartBoard® Lesson
for presentation and discussion.
You need Smart Notebook software to run the presentation.
It can be displayed through the software and a projector. If you don't have a SmartBoard, you can use an IPAD App, such as SplashTop, to remotely write on the presentation. You can also interact and edit online at Smart Notebook Express
* Estimate instantaneous rates of change graphically and numerically
*Use derivatives to provide information about function behavior including increase, decrease, extrema, and rates of change.
*Use the derivative at a point to write and use the equation of a tangent line to a curve at a point
*Use the tangent line to investigate function behavior and function values in a small neighborhood.
The unit includes:
1) Rates of Change and Introduction to Derivatives
2) Tangent Lines and Local Linearity
3) Investigating Slope Graphs
4) The Derivative and Tangent Line
5) Differentiability and Continuity
6) Basic Differentiation Rules
7) Product & Quotient Rules
8) The Chain Rule
9) Symbolic Differentiation With Tables and Graphs
10) Derivatives of Inverse Functions
11) Derivatives of Bases Other Than e
12) Equations of Tangent Lines and Linear Approximations
13) Implicit Differentiation
If you have any questions or comments
please contact me by email me at: email@example.com
Thanks for shopping in my store!
Created by Jean Adams , © 2016 Flamingo Math™ , LLC