This resource provides printable companions for your calendar math program. It allows you to reinforce on a daily basis several important skills covered in the Common Core Standards. My students really enjoy helping to complete these and the calendar helper of the day loves taking home the completed printables at the end of the day.
The following are included for you to post and record on in your calendar area:
• Ways to Make: On this printable the students compose and decompose the given number of the day. This really reinforces and shows the students’ number sense.
• More and Less: This printable reinforces the concepts of 10 more, 10 less, 1 more, and 1 less than the given number.
• Let’s compare: Students will have the opportunity to compare numbers using greater than, less than, or equal to symbols. There is space for three comparisons on each sheet.
• Skip Counting: Any skip counting pattern can be practiced with this printable. Straight forward by 2’s, 5’s, 10’s or starting on random numbers or skip counting backwards. It all depends on your students’ needs.
• Also included are headers to accompany the posted recording sheets. These can be laminated for durability. I know these seem like “simple” ideas, but in my classroom it has really aided in my students mathematical thinking and success!
Thanks! Nancy Taylor-Davis