This is a traditional calendar routine for kindergarten or first grade. This is an interactive powerpoint presentation that can be used on any interactive white board.
This is a traditional calendar routine for the K-2 classroom. This is a flipchart file and can only be used with a Promethean Board using Activinspire software. Please make sure you have this software before downloading. A powerpoint version of this same file is available HERE!
NOTE: there is no need to redownload every year. This calendar is made to build as you go so there is no set calendar for the current year! That means you can use it year after year without having to worry about redownloading!
Also, check out my math walls for a Common Core aligned alternate to calendar!
Included in this powerpoint presentation (27 slides)
• Title Page
• Months of the Year page (with 1 video song link and links to the calendar slides for that month)
• A slide for each month with interactive date cards in the top left corner that form different patterns for each month. Click and drag the date cards each day as you "add the date to your calendar."
• Days of the Week slide with interactive day cards, yesterday was, today is, tomorrow will be sentence frames and video links to days of the week songs. (2 different slide options)
• Days We've Been in School slide with interactive base 10 blocks
• Days We've Been in School slide with blank 100s chart and number cards to add each day
• Build-A-Number for composing and decomposing with tally marks and a tens frame (2 options)
• 100's chart for skip counting by 2's, 5's and 10's including counting and skipcounting video links.
• Piggy Bank with interactive coins to build money amounts. Includes video links to money songs. (3 slide options)
• Weather slide includes pictures for each weather type and a sentence frame, "The weather is ___."
• Temperature slide with interactive thermometer and the sentence frame "The temperature is ____."
• Weather Graph with color bars to interactively build the graph
• blank background jpeg is included in the zip file to make your own slides!
DOWNLOAD MY PREVIEW FILE TO SEE A PICTURE OF EACH SLIDE AND A VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO USE THE FILE.
I save a new file each school year so that I can save my additions each day (new day in school, new date card, new weather graph bar). At the end of each month, we clear the weather graph and start over. Then, the next year you can save a new file so you can start from scratch again.
Copyright 2016, Whitney Shaddock
Follow My TPT Store
| Follow My Blog