Also included in
- Here’s a set of engaging activities to add to your daily calendar routine! This set of 120 calendar math riddle cards will build two sets of skills on each card:* Months: names of months, sequence, word features like rhyme, number of letters, first /last letter, number of syllables, nuPrice $9.60Original Price $12.00Save $2.40
Here’s an engaging new activity to add to your daily calendar routine! This set
of 60 calendar math riddles will build two sets of skills on each card:
* Months: names of months, sequence, word features like rhyme, number of letters, first /last letter, number of syllables, number of vowels
* Math: this set emphasizes the math skills taught in the second half of first grade and reinforced at the beginning of second grade: adding and subtracting two-digit numbers with no regrouping, missing addends, using comparison signs for greater than and less than, adding three numbers, odd and even, tens and ones, and addition and subtraction through 20.
There are no references to holidays or seasons in the clues.
Supports for Differentiation Provided: 120 number chart, card for names and order of the months, alternate card for using abbreviations.
Math Vocabulary Used in This Set: between, before, after, more than, less than, fewer, digit, add, subtract, tens, ones, odd, even, sum, difference, dozen, rectangle, triangle, trapezoid, rhombus, hexagon, cube
Most students will understand quickly how these riddles work, but a short
instructional video to use with your class is also included in this zip file. The video has no sound, so you can adjust the directions to your own students' needs.
Your students will not need a calendar to complete these riddles since the dates would change each year, but of course it’s helpful for students to see the year all on one page, to get a better understanding of how it all fits together. You can find a great selection of free printable calendars online if you choose to use them in coordination with this resource.
Suggestions for Use:
* Add solving a Calendar Riddle to your daily calendar time routine.
* Reinforce vocabulary and concepts by using a riddle as the basis of a number
* Calendar Math Riddles are a great way to capture student attention at the
beginning of a lesson.
* Model moving up and back on the 120 chart to add and subtract.
* Model identifying key details, inferring, and drawing conclusions to solve riddles.
* Solve several riddles together to start a small group lesson.
* Tutors and parent volunteers like to use these riddle card to fill those few
extra minutes at the end of their lesson.
* This set makes a great addition to your math centers.
* Solving riddles is a motivating activity for early finishers.
Download the preview to try three FREE riddles!
This resource is for use by a single classroom and/or teacher. No part of this resource may be posted on a blog (personal or commercial), webpage/site (Amazon Inspire and similar), server, or other location that is accessible by multiple people.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Click the star on my store home page to follow. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺