I start off each morning with Calendar Math Wall.
Each slide has a "notes" section with details on how to effectively use each slide as well as guiding questions.
This replaced what used to be Calendar Time before Common Core. I spend 30 minutes each morning reviewing targeted Common Core Math Skills. The basic frame for each skill is in this packet. You add your own number of the day/days we've been in school. You can also decide how much time to spend on each slide.
The skills included in this unit are:
• calendar for September-November: file has moveable pictures with the ability to create your own patterns.
• place value/base 10 blocks are interactive... 3-digit place value
• counting on and back (video link included)
• adding/subtracting 10 and 100 to a number
• skip counting by 5s, 10s, and 100s to 200 (video links included)
• odd and even through pairing....interactive
• building arrays....interactive
• comparing 3 digit numbers...interactive
• comparing unit size on non-standard measurement...interactive
• writing digital time to 5 minutes
• sorting shapes by number of angles...interactive
• coin ID, value and name matching grid...interactive, $0.25 format for values
• student handout sheet for recording during math wall and/or practicing independently. (daily pick box is for the Monday-Thursday activities that change or a skill of your choice).
The last 4 skills are only addressed once a week on a specific day of the week.
I also use this as a math technology station or center. Students work with partners and "reteach" the skills we worked on that morning. I give each partner a different "number of the day" to differentiate skills based on the needs of my students.
NEED FIRST GRADE MATH WALLS? CHECK THEM OUT HERE:
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2016
Follow My Store
Follow My Blog