I start of each morning with this Calendar Math Wall as a review of daily math skills from the Common Core Standards.
Each slide has a "notes" section with details on how to effectively use each slide as well as guiding questions.
The skills included in this unit are:
• calendars for February and March with customizable dates and interactive clipart for pattern building
• place value for thousands, hundreds, tens and ones with interactive base 10 blocks
• counting on/back (video links included)
• extend skip count pattern without a chart (earlier math walls have chart for support)
• mentally +/- 10 and 100 to a number without a chart (earlier math walls have chart for support)
• build an array with interactive manipulatives and write an equation to represent the array
• compare three digit numbers with interactive symbols
• compare object length and then measure length difference with interactive ruler (cm/in)
• write digital time to 5 minutes.
• count a collection of coins and write the value
• partition rectangles into squares to make an array to express the area of the shape
I also use this as a math technology station or center. Students work with partners and "reteach" the skills we worked on that morning. I give each partner a different "number of the day" to differentiate skills based on the needs of my students.
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2016
Follow My Store
| Follow My Blog