I start of each morning with this Calendar Math Wall as a review of daily math skills from the Common Core Standards. This is an interactive PowerPoint file. It is all in powerpoint and is interactive. This means this packet will work with ANY interactive board that has powerpoint software! Just keep in normal view to keep it interactive! Or use slide show view to be able to write over the slides.
Each slide has a "notes" section with details on how to effectively use each slide as well as guiding questions.
Skills/Common Core Standards addressed:
• patterns from calendar
• place value
• counting on/back to 120
• skip counting by 2s, 5s, 10s to 120
• true/false equations
• comparing numbers
• mentally adding/subtracting 10
• dividing shapes in half/fourths
• ordering lengths
• measuring with non-standard units
• time to the hour/half hour
• 2D shapes (ID, vertices, sides, environmental shapes, building composite shapes)
• 3D shapes (ID, vertices, faces, environmental shapes)
I also use this as a math technology station or center. Students work with partners and "reteach" the skills we worked on that morning. I give each partner a different "number of the day" to differentiate skills based on the needs of my students.
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2017, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!