Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
I start of each morning with this Calendar Math Wall as a review of daily math skills from the 2nd Grade Common Core Standards. This is an interactive PowerPoint file. It is all in powerpoint and is interactive. This means this packet will work with ANY interactive board that has powerpoint software! Just keep in normal view to keep it interactive! Or use slide show view to be able to write over the slides.
Each slide has a "notes" section with details on how to effectively use each slide as well as a student objective at the top and the Common Core standard it addresses in the bottom right corner.
This replaced what used to be Calendar Time before Common Core. I spend 30 minutes each morning reviewing targeted Common Core Math Skills. The basic frame for each skill is in this packet. You add your own number of the day/days we've been in school. You can also decide how much time to spend on each slide.
• patterns from calendar
• place value to thousands
• counting on/back
• skip counting by 5s, 10s and 100s to 200 and then extending a pattern without a chart
• odd even with equation to match thinking (with and without manipulatives)
• comparing 3 digit numbers
• mentally adding/subtracting 10 and 100 (with and without chart support)
• dividing shapes in half/fourths/thirds
• measurement: choosing correct tools, estimating, comparing non-standard units, comparing lengths, measuring with a ruler, standard units in/ft/cm/m
• time to the 5 minutes
• shapes (ID, angles, sides, partitioning into arrays)
• money (ID, counting coins and writing value, building set of coins to match value)
I also use this as a math technology station or center. Students work with partners and "reteach" the skills we worked on that morning. I give each partner a different "number of the day" to differentiate skills based on the needs of my students.
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018