Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
I start of each morning with this Calendar Math Wall as a review of daily math skills from the Common Core Standards.
This math wall is for the 2nd quarter of kindergarten (October - December).
It is an interactive powerpoint that can be used with any interactive white board as a powerpoint file. There are interactive and moveable manipulatives to support kids' understanding of foundational math skills. Visit my YouTube channel to see how to effectively use a powerpoint file on your interactive white board.
Each slide has a "notes" section with details on how to effectively use each slide as well as guiding questions.
This replaced what used to be Calendar Time before Common Core. I spend 20 minutes each morning reviewing targeted Common Core Math Skills. The basic frame for each skill is in this powerpoint. You add your own number of the day/days we've been in school. You can also decide how much time to spend on each slide.
The skills included in this quarter's interactive powerpoint are:
• calendar for October-December: dates can be typed into calendar table and pictures are moveable to create patterns
• counting to 50 on a number chart (video brain break link included)
• counting and writing numbers to 50 on a blank number chart
• count on within 50 using a number line (video brain break link included)
• count back within 50 using a number line (video brain break link included)
• building a set 0-10 with 2 options: fall leaves or gingerbread cookies
• write a number to match a set with 2 options: fall leaves or gingerbread cookies
• skip counting by 10s (video brain break link included)
• classifying and comparing objects with 2 options: leaves or gingerbread/mints
• combinations with part-part-whole mats
• days of the week with links to the weekly skills practice once a week on that specific day (video brain break link included)
• Math Talk Mondays: links to 10 individual ten frame math talks
• 2D Shape Tuesdays: sorting shapes by attributes (two options: sides or vertices) (video brain break link included)
• Watch it Wednesday: subitizing 0-6 on a die. 10 quick die face images with links from the main Wednesday page.
• 3D Thursday: sorting shapes by attributes (two options: sides or vertices) (video brain break link included)
The last 4 skills are only addressed once a week on a specific day of the week.
I also use this as a math technology station or center. Students work with partners and "reteach" the skills we worked on that morning. I give each partner a different "number of the day" to differentiate skills based on the needs of my students.
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2016, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!