I start of each morning with this Calendar Math Wall as a review of daily math skills from the Common Core Standards. This is an interactive PowerPoint file. It is all in powerpoint and is interactive. This means this packet will work with ANY interactive board that has powerpoint software! Just keep in normal view to keep it interactive! Or use slide show view to be able to write over the slides.
*****Please read the description carefully and download the preview to see exactly what is included in this resource! And feel free to leave any clarifying questions in the Q&A BEFORE purchasing this resource! :) *****
Watch how I use this math wall in my classroom in this free video!
And read more about this on the blog!
Each slide has a "notes" section with details on how to effectively use each slide as well as guiding questions.
The skills included in this unit are:
• calendar for July-September: customize dates and move pictures to make a pattern
• composing a number in multiple ways with interactive 2-sided counters and ten frames.
• Decomposing numbers in multiple ways with carrot notation and interactive 2-sided counters.
• place value/base 10 blocks are interactive. This slide also includes a tens frame for practicing "how many to the next 10?"
• counting on (video link included)
• adding/subtracting 10 to a number
• skip counting by 2s, 5s and 10s to 120 (video links included)
• true/false equations
• comparing numbers with moveable symbols
• dividing shapes in halves and fourths
• ordering lengths with moveable manipulatives
• writing digital time to the hour
• matching names with 2D shapes...interactive
• matching names with 3D shapes....interactive
• student handout sheet for recording during math wall and/or practicing independently. (daily pick box is for the Monday-Thursday activities that change or a skill of your choice).
The last 4 skills are only addressed once a week on a specific day of the week.
I also use this as a math technology station or center. Students work with partners and "reteach" the skills we worked on that morning. I give each partner a different "number of the day" to differentiate skills based on the needs of my students.
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!