I start of each morning with this Calendar Math Wall as a review of daily math skills from the 2nd Grade Common Core Standards. This is an interactive PowerPoint file. It is all in powerpoint and is interactive. This means this packet will work with ANY interactive board that has powerpoint software! Just keep in normal view to keep it interactive! Or use slide show view to be able to write over the slides.
Each slide has a "notes" section with details on how to effectively use each slide as well as a student objective at the top and the Common Core standard it addresses in the bottom right corner.
This replaced what used to be Calendar Time before Common Core. I spend 30 minutes each morning reviewing targeted Common Core Math Skills. The basic frame for each skill is in this packet. You add your own number of the day/days we've been in school. You can also decide how much time to spend on each slide.
INCLUDED IN THIS DIGITAL RESOURCE:
• calendar for July-September: just type in the dates in the month table ahead of time and pull down the pictures each day to build a pattern
• 3-digit place value/base 10 blocks are interactive
• counting on and back (video link included)
• adding/subtracting 10 and 100 to a number
• skip counting by 5s, 10s, and 100s to 200 (video links included)
• odd and even through pairing (interactive manipulatives)
• building arrays (interactive manipulatives)
• comparing 3 digit numbers
• choosing appropriate measuring tools
• writing digital time to 5 minutes
• matching names with 2D shapes (triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagon, hexagon)
• coin ID, value and name matching grid
• student handout sheet for recording during math wall and/or practicing independently. (daily pick box is for the Monday-Thursday activities that change or a skill of your choice).
The last 4 skills are only addressed once a week on a specific day of the week.
I also use this as a math technology station or center. Students work with partners and "reteach" the skills we worked on that morning. I give each partner a different "number of the day" to differentiate skills based on the needs of my students.
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018