I start of each morning with this Calendar Math Wall as a review of daily math skills from the Common Core Standards. This is an interactive PowerPoint file. It is all in powerpoint and is interactive. This means this packet will work with ANY interactive board that has powerpoint software! Just keep in normal view to keep it interactive! Or use slide show view to be able to write over the slides.
Each slide has a "notes" section with details on how to effectively use each slide as well as guiding questions.
The skills included in this unit are:
• calendars for February and March with customizable dates and interactive clipart for pattern building
• place value
• counting on/back (video links included)
• adding/subtracting 10 to a number
• skip counting to 120 beginning at any number (video links included)
• true/false equations
• comparing numbers and telling how many more
• dividing shapes in halves and fourths in different ways
• ordering lengths
• drawing analog time to the hour & half hour
• combining shapes to make new shapes.
• Independent practice page to do during math wall time or as independent practice.
I also use this as a math technology station or center. Students work with partners and "reteach" the skills we worked on that morning. I give each partner a different "number of the day" to differentiate skills based on the needs of my students.
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2017, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!