Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
I start of each morning with this Calendar Math Wall as a review of daily math skills from the 2nd Grade Common Core Standards. This is an interactive PowerPoint file. It is all in powerpoint and is interactive. This means this packet will work with ANY interactive board that has powerpoint software! Just keep in normal view to keep it interactive! Or use slide show view to be able to write over the slides.
Each slide has a "notes" section with details on how to effectively use each slide as well as a student objective at the top and the Common Core standard it addresses in the bottom right corner.
This replaced what used to be Calendar Time before Common Core. I spend 30 minutes each morning reviewing targeted Common Core Math Skills. The basic frame for each skill is in this packet. You add your own number of the day/days we've been in school. You can also decide how much time to spend on each slide.
The skills included in this unit are:
• calendars for February and March with customizable dates and interactive clipart for pattern building
• place value for thousands, hundreds, tens and ones with interactive base 10 blocks
• counting on/back (video links included)
• extend skip count pattern without a chart (earlier math walls have chart for support)
• mentally +/- 10 and 100 to a number without a chart (earlier math walls have chart for support)
• build an array with interactive manipulatives and write an equation to represent the array
• compare three digit numbers with interactive symbols
• compare object length and then measure length difference with interactive ruler (cm/in)
• write digital time to 5 minutes.
• count a collection of coins and write the value
• partition rectangles into squares to make an array to express the area of the shape
I also use this as a math technology station or center. Students work with partners and "reteach" the skills we worked on that morning. I give each partner a different "number of the day" to differentiate skills based on the needs of my students.
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018