Also included in
- I start of each morning with this Calendar Math Wall as a review of daily math skills from the Common Core Standards. This is an interactive PowerPoint file. It is all in powerpoint and is interactive. This means this packet will work with ANY interactive board that has powerpoint software! Just ke$28.80$36.00Save $7.20
- Do you feel lost planning first grade math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you! WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?Many teachers and districts are wanti$159.95$256.25Save $96.30
I start of each morning with this Calendar Math Wall as a review of daily math skills from the Common Core Standards. This is an interactive PowerPoint file. It is all in powerpoint and is interactive. This means this packet will work with ANY interactive board that has powerpoint software! Just keep in normal view to keep it interactive! Or use slide show view to be able to write over the slides.
Each slide has a "notes" section with details on how to effectively use each slide as well as guiding questions.
Each slide has a student objective at the top and the Common Core standard it addresses in the bottom right corner.
Also included are 2 student handout pages to be done during math wall time as a class or independently for practice/morning work.
The skills included in this unit are:
• calendars for April, May, and June. Customizable dates and interactive clipart for building patterns.
• place value for hundreds, tens and ones. Interactive base ten blocks
• counting on and back. Video links
• mentally +/- 10 from a number
• skip count by 5's 10's and 2's
• true false equations
• compare 2 digit numbers with symbols and telling how many more
• divide circles in half or fourths
• measure a line with 2 different sized non-standard units
• time to the half hour
• build a picture with 2D shapes
• build a picture with 3D shapes
The last 4 skills are only addressed once a week on a specific day of the week.
I also use this as a math technology station or center. Students work with partners and "reteach" the skills we worked on that morning. I give each partner a different "number of the day" to differentiate skills based on the needs of my students.
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2017, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!