California Animals is a Common Core and State Standard-aligned Resource with NINE Content-Based lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text. For less than $2.25 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with a balanced mix of engaging higher and lower level hands-on activities that students need to learn about California's Animals:
• Questions after each of the 9 lessons to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Journal Writing using Close Reading techniques to increase Comprehension
• Thematic Map Skills using pictures and symbols
• Data Collection and Graphing activities
• Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve puzzles
• Classification activities highlighting Structural and Behavioral Adaptations
• California Animals Research Project to make and play the game Find the Fib
• Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
In addition, students will enjoy making and playing the game Adaptation Match-Up to reinforce concepts learned while studying about Structural Adaptations, Behavioral Adaptations, Mimicry, and Camouflage~all game materials and instructions included!
The Animal Kingdom
California's Large Mammals
California's Small Mammals
California's Fish and Reptiles
We've included a context-appropriate California Animals Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level activities.
Download the California Animals Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, State and Common Core Standard Alignment, and sample lessons and activities.
OUR OTHER CALIFORNIA AND WEST REGION RESOURCES:
CALIFORNIA GEOGRAPHY BUNDLE OF EIGHT LESSONS
CALIFORNIA HISTORY BUNDLE OF SEVEN LESSONS
CALIFORNIA GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY BUNDLE OF NINE LESSONS
WEST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING CALIFORNIA ANIMALS EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2015-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.