Are you teaching about the California Gold Rush of 1849
Are you looking for a resource that will encourage your students to analyze primary sources
while they learn the key core content on the California Gold Rush
This 1-page handout provides an account on the California Fold Rush in 1849
followed by guiding questions
for students to use in analysis
. Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the document or its relevance to American History.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
See preview for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
** An Alaska Gold Rush SPRITE is available in my TpT Store!
• Alaska Gold Rush in the Klondike SPRITE Social Studies Graphic Organizer
• American Expansion SPRITE Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• American Expansion to New Frontier SPRITE Social Studies Organizer
• American Geography Task Card Set - 200 Cards! #historygives
• American Transportation Revolution SPRITE Social Studies Graphic Organizer
• Early American U.S. Document Primary Source Analysis BUNDLED SET!
• New Frontier in American Industrialism Primary Source Analysis CCSS Activity
• New Frontier in American West SPRITE Social Studies Graphic Organizer
• U.S. History Territorial Expansion to 1800s Frontier in America Notes
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources.
You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!