This is a fun, 45 page resource to help your students produce a research report on the California Gold Rush.This report template and additional worksheets, organizers, tools and forms is for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess their California Gold Rush report. This template can be for their formal report or utilized as a study guide to develop their report for them to type or write on their own. This packet is designed for you to pick and choose the parts of the report that you’d like to use, or just use it all! There are many text dependent questions for your students to research and cite their evidence of where they found the information, a vocabulary section, and some essential questions where your students can apply the knowledge they have learned at a deeper, higher level. We encourage you to have your students use a wide variety of resources to gather the necessary information to complete this report. This packet contains the following:
• Template includes: Questions about the factual information about many aspects of the California Gold Rush
• Vocabulary words to be defined and illustrations created to accompany them (a blank template is also provided for you to add any additional vocabulary words that you would like to add to provided scaffolding for students who need it).
• Essential Questions designed for application of knowledge and higher level thinking
• A page to have your students create an illustration as well as an artistic collage of the California Gold Rush era.
• A page to help your students find information for their report.
• Resource page and Bibliography Template- I use the Resource Page template because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
• Note Taking page for students to take notes and a note taking page in bullet format. Copy as needed.
• Rubrics- Performance Task for the Written Report
• Editing and Revising Checklist.
• Teacher Notes and Ideas.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Weather Research Report
Ecology Research Report
Plant Research Report
Animal Report and Insect Report Bundle
Earthquake – Volcano – Planet Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
Common Core Respiratory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Polar Animal Research Report for Elementary Grades
Dinosaur Research Report
Insect Research Report
Amphibian Research Report
Ocean Animal Research Report
Earthquake Research Report
Reptile Research Report
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2016 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.