California Government and Economy is a Common Core and State Standard-aligned Resource with NINE COMPLETE lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text. For less than $2.45 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with engaging higher and lower level hands-on activities that students need to learn about California Government and Economy:
• Questions after each California lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions that encourage Critical Thinking
• Thematic Map Skills utilizing colors and patterns
• Reference Map Skills utilizing Number Pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• Reference Map Skills utilizing Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• Scale Mapping using scale rulers to trace the routes of railroads through the West
• Mystery Puzzle using information learned about California's People
• Morse Code activity to learn more about Telegraph Communication
• Walt Disney and Franklin D. Roosevelt Biographies followed by Discussion Questions
• Persuasive Writing assignment
• Vocabulary activities and quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text comprehension by building a model of a World War II P-47 Thunderbolt. All patterns and step-by-step directions included!
The United States Constitution
California's Tribal Governments
The Great Depression
World War II
We've included a context-appropriate California Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level activities.
Download the California Government and Economy Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core and State Standard Alignment, sample lessons, and activities for the Bundle.
OUR OTHER CALIFORNIA AND WEST REGION RESOURCES:
CALIFORNIA GEOGRAPHY BUNDLE OF EIGHT LESSONS
CALIFORNIA ANIMALS BUNDLE OF NINE LESSONS
CALIFORNIA HISTORY BUNDLE OF SEVEN LESSONS
WEST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING CALIFORNIA GOVERNMENT AND ECONOMY EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2015-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.