"Shoo, Turkey" is a favorite Thanksgiving time call and response play game. If you don't get a chance to play it, you can still use it in your curriculum with this Boom Cards™ activity, which emphasizes the call and response form and rhythmic phrases of ta, ti-ti, and rest. These activities can be done in the classroom or remotely.
The Boom Card™ deck includes
- a brief geographical history of "Shoo, Turkey"
- listening examples, and directions that are both recorded and written. Students determine how many voices sing each part and how to determine which is the call and which is the response.
- short listening journaling
- phrase order
- rhythm matching. There is plenty to do to keep your students going! Finally, there is a link to a blog post giving directions on the game itself.
On download, you will receive a PDF file which includes a link to access the cards. Boom Cards can also be used through Google Classroom™ or SeeSaw. You can get a preview here.
Using Boom Cards:
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
To access product ID in order to download, go to your profile here and click on Your Purchases. Click on "Printable Printing Authorization". Once that document opens, you can locate your product ID on the left.
* I would be grateful to anyone who leaves a review. Reviews help me to improve my products and know what teachers want! Besides, you get credit for discounts on future purchases!