Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- This bundle is a great way to incorporate self-regulation and social emotional learning into your classroom routines. Additional digital versions have been added to support distance learning. It includes an interactive break spot or calm corner, yoga cards, brain break cards, think sheet & brag$19.50$29.50Save $10.00
Create a calm corner in your classroom to help students develop self-regulation skills. OR help parents create a calm routine at home with a digital version. Digital and print versions will allow you to create consistent routines for students to practice calming strategies.
They will learn how to manage their feelings and use calming strategies independently. Students benefit from a calm down area or routine where they can learn to use coping strategies to manage big feelings.
The resource is set up to guide students to identify feelings, choose a calming strategy, check their feelings again, and decided if they are ready to return.
- Interactive Google Slides (TM) lead students step by step through a simple calming process. First, students identify how they feel. Then they pick a strategy to try. They check back to see if that strategy helped or if they should try another one.
- 18 Calming Strategies: Students choose strategies that work for them. Interactive features are included where applicable.
- Printable PDF checklist of strategies for students to track which ones work for them.
Four main components are included (calm corner sign, feelings posters, calming strategies, and a calm down process poster) in multiple variations so you can customize it for what you need. You can use static posters, portable cards on a key ring, or interactive posters using velcro.
Calm Corners do not work perfectly right away. There are six guides included to teach students the routines that will make the spot run smoothly:
- How to go to the break spot.
- What to do in the break spot.
- How to use different calming strategies.
- How to know when you are ready to return.
- How to rejoin the group.
- What to do when someone is in the break spot.
15 Different Signs based on customer feedback. See preview above for the different names that included. Please contact me with any additional requests.
Calm Down Poster: This poster shows students the 4-Step Process for calming down. It can be printed on one page, smaller, or across two pages for a larger format.
Feelings Posters and Cards: 27 feelings and emotions.
Calming Strategy Posters and Cards: 15 elementary school friendly calming strategies.
Social Narrative Booklet for students to review how to use the break spot.
Suggested Calm Corner Materials List
Components provided in color, black and white, portrait format, and simplified for younger students.
Emotions Included: Angry, Sad, Surprised, Happy, Scared, Annoyed, Disappointed, Embarrassed, Excited, Nervous, Furious, Lonely, Silly, Shy, Focused, Curious, Calm, Confused, Strong, Bored, Proud, Confident, Sick, Hot, Hungry, Thirsty, Tired
Strategies Included: Draw, Use Calm Box, Ask For More Time, Self Hug, Take a Walk, Relax for 5, Blow Bubbles, Drink Water, Talk About It, Wall Push-Ups, Deep Breaths, Mindful Minute, Counting, Write About It, Listen to Music, Think Happy Thoughts, Read
"The "Take a Break" spot is one of the most-used areas of my classroom. I like that students have to identify their feelings and find a strategy that will help them calm down. If you're thinking of having a cooldown area in your classroom, I would highly recommend this product!"
"I love the visuals that are on this product. My kinders come back to learning with a clear mind after a minute or two in the calm down corner."
"It is convenient and I love items that kids can not only utilize to calm down but are hands on so they can take more ownership of their feelings."
"Why didn't I buy this sooner?! So many options for how to print and use and a great resource. Taught how to use it in a first grade room and students love it!"
Social Emotional Workshop (c) 2020