Also included in
- Save money by purchasing these products in this back to school bundle! There are lots of fantastic products included in this bundle which will be helpful throughout the full school year!Click to read product descriptions and download product previews! Included in this product: 1. Home Reading Book$15.05$21.50Save $6.45
- Looking to save time preparing for this school year? Check out these back to school products that will help you set up your classroom with some essentials every grade one teacher needs!Click to read product descriptions and download product previews! Included in this product: 1. Home Reading Book L$20.30$29.00Save $8.70
- Be prepared for your Kindergarten classroom with all of these products which will help make your transition back to school easier for you!Click to read product descriptions and download product previews!1. Home Reading Book Log2. Kindergarten September Start Up3. Communicating Play Based Learning to$19.77$28.25Save $8.48
Help students learn how to calm down on their own!
Having a calming corner in your classroom or at home with young children is a great calming strategy to help students focus, self-regulate and develop coping skills to deal with their emotions. It is an alternative to a "time out" as it teaches kids how to learn how to calm their bodies to learn to regulate themselves more in the future. Also referred to a take a break, calm down corner, reflection area, and thinking area.
Please note that the same strategies/feelings are used on all the various sizes for consistency in the classroom and a consistent language for the students. Print the size you need/want! I personally find the whole page size perfect for lessons, half page size great for students who want to walk around with the strategies and the small sized options perfect as a flip chart in the calming corner. But really, it can be used any way you find works best for your classroom needs.
What is included in this product:
1. 11 Book recommendations to help you teach Self-Regulation with a brief summary of the books
2. Tips & Additional Ideas: I included a visual of my calming corner and additional tips and suggestions of various things you can easily add to this area to help make it inviting and useful to your students.
3. Calming Corner Posters: 10 printing options of different colors.
4 & 5. Feelings & Calming Strategies Pages:
• Small Squares (4/page): Cut and laminate and add to a ring for your calming corner
• Half Page pages (2/page): Print multiple copies of the feelings page and laminate to have available for students use at the calming corner in your room. You can post this or let your students walk around with it if needed.
• Full Page Poster with all feeling images: Post this at your Calming Corner to help students identify their feelings.
• Individual Feeling Pages: Use as a teaching tool for emotions during whole group instruction (only one feeling is included per page).
6."When I am feeling... I can..." strategy page.: Children can use these with the small square images and velcro on what they are feeling and what strategy their are planning to use.
7. Coloring pages: Large page of both feelings and strategies included to be used at school or at home as a follow-up activity.
8. Teacher Tips included as a quick reference for how you can use this in your classroom.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Please email me at email@example.com with any questions.
❋ Click here to follow my store. My new products will be visible on the HOME screen of the TpT app on your phone. If you have opted into to receive email updates you will get one whenever I post a new resource. All my products are 1/2 price for the first 24 hours.