Cam and her photographic memory are at it again, as she tries to solve the chocolate fudge mystery! This 46 page book journal includes story elements, 8 page retelling journal and friendly letter writing - also graphic organizers, constructed response writing, vocabulary, and much more!
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
During Reading Activities:
- Specific comprehension questions for each chapter (4-5)
- Sketch important story events
- Questions/answers during reading graphic organizer.
After Reading Activities:
- 8 page retelling journal (with picture prompts)- character's point of view
- Compare and contrast characters
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to character
- 3 Reader's response writing prompts
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
-12 Vocabulary cards
- Important Noun search
- Adjective hunt
- Sketch favorite part.
- Beginning, Middle, End graphic organizer
- Main idea
- Setting, Problem, Solution graphic organizer
This is easily a week’s worth of work on this story - use as many or a few pages as you like! Can be used as assessment.