Camera Activity for High Frequency ‘Tricky’ Words
In this activity we will look at high frequency ‘tricky’ words. The best way to integrate these words is with plenty of exposure and explicit discussion and teaching of high frequency 'tricky’ words.
*High frequency ‘tricky’ words can not be decoded easily, but appear often in the English Language.
1. Print: Print out the ‘Camera’ and ‘Polaroids’ of the tricky words.
2. Cut and Laminate:
Cut out the camera and the polaroids and place into a box or bag. Laminate if desired.
3. Find: Look at each ‘tricky’ word individually. Look for any phonemes in the word.
4. Learn: Look for the ‘tricky’ or irregular parts of each word.
5. Talk: Discuss with the child how the word is used and use an
6. Remember: Have the child take a close up photo, with their camera, of each word.
I hope you enjoy my products. Be sure to leave a rating and follow my store, Creativeteachersabroad. Keep in touch and get more ideas by liking my Pinterest page: Miss Gabby's Class