Stephanie Skolmoski has created a musical lesson plan about the composer Camille Saint-Saëns and his famous "Carnival of the Animals" suite.
• Lesson plan about "The Carnival of the Animals" suite - movement by movement
• Digital links to YouTube videos
• Camille Saint-Saëns: In Depth about the composer (including pictures)
• Guide to the musical instruments used in "The Carnival of the Animals" (including pictures)
• List of children's books about "The Carnival of the Animals"
• Vocabulary sheet
• Poems about "The Carnival of the Animals"
• Printable limerick activity
• Printable worksheet about Camille Saint-Saëns and "The Carnival of the Animals,
• Printable matching worksheet
• Several writing activities
• Several art activities
• Several theater (theatre) activities
• Several dance activities
• Answer key
This is the perfect lesson and activity for elementary school children and teachers. The entire suite is about 25 minutes long (the movements are 2-3 minutes each) and the lesson could take about 45-60 minutes. Depending on the activity or activities you choose they could take an additional 15 minutes to several days to complete.
This is the perfect addition to a unit on animals - specifically the lion, hens, roosters, tortoises, elephants, kangaroos, donkeys, birds, fossils, dinosaurs and swans.