Camouflage an Octopus Science Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Get your tots swimming through the sea with these ocean math and literacy activities and ocean centers for preschoolers! These ocean activities are hands-on and engaging ways to learn preschool skills such as counting, non-standard measurement, letter identification, letter formation, rhyming words,Price $16.40Original Price $20.50Save $4.10
This octopus camouflage activity is a fun ocean activity for preschoolers to explore what an octopus can really do! An octopus can change its skin color and texture to blend in with its surroundings.
First, learn some fun facts about octopuses. You can even include reading books or watching movies about these fascinating ocean creatures. Then, move an octopus traced onto a transparency sheet or lamination sheet around the ocean scene, trying to blend it in with the different objects in the environment.
The kids will love this hands-on camouflage demonstration! Finally, try to color the octopuses to match the patterned paper in the background, making them blend in with their surroundings. So much fun for your ocean science activities!
This animal camouflage activity includes (in both color and black & white):
- "Can you camouflage an octopus?" sign
- Octopus Fact sheet (1 page)
- ocean scene
- octopus outlines on 8 different patterned papers
- small and medium octopus outlines
Join your little ones in discovering the fascinating features and abilities of an octopus through these hands-on activities. Pick up this activity today!
Materials needed for this octopus activity:
- transparency or leftover lamination to trace an octopus
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ BUNDLE & SAVE ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Ocean Activities for Preschoolers
WHAT TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID ABOUT THIS CAMOUFLAGE ACTIVITY…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stephanie D. says, "The class loved the cards and had a great time trying to camouflage the octopus. They were very creative. I loved this activity and I will use it every year.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Alysia B. says, “My students loved learning about the octopus and how it protects itself by camouflaging. We played a game of octopus hide and seek, and then each student was able to take home an octopus and the accompanying information to play octopus hide and seek at home too.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Bilingual Mingle says, “This was an excellent addition to our "National Octopus Day" celebrations! My kindergarten class loved it. Thank you!”
You may also like…
❤️ More THEMED PRESCHOOL ACTIVITIES!
Copyright © Turner Tots.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.