Who doesn't love camping? Now you can have some camping fun as you work on categorizing skills.
Game 1: Students are given three items and need to state what category those items fit into. Watch out for Poison Ivy cards that cause you to lose a stated number of cards. The student with the most cards wins!
Game 2: Students are given a category and need to state at least three items that fit into that category. You may supply students with the included worksheet so that they may draw their items if they have difficulty with word finding. Watch out for Poison Ivy cards that will cause you to lose a stated number of cards. The student who has the most cards at the end wins.
* Games 1 and 2 can also be used together for a matching activity
Game 3: Students are given 4 items and need to determine which item does not belong and why. You may use the included game board to add some extra to fun the activity. You may use the included Poison Ivy cards. If students draw a Poison Ivy card, they must follow the direction on it.
- Game 1: 32 cards 'Name the category'
- Answer key for game 1
- Game 2: 32 cards ' Name the items'
- Worksheet for students to draw items in group
- Game 3: 32 cards ' What doesn't belong and Why'
- Answer sheet
- Game board
- 8 Poison Ivy board game cards
- 8 Poison Ivy regular play cards
*** UPDATED FOR INTERVENTION USE 9/18/14 ***
- A screener with 10 items has been added to the packet that so this activity may be used for intervention purposes.