Here is the second half of my Camp Common Core packet: Part 2. It was a best seller at the I Teach K conference! I am thrilled that first grade teachers want this to open up the school year!
If you are running a summer program, tutoring, or working with students who have completed kindergarten this is a great review of mathematics for the entire year with a focus on number sense. It can be run off without the need for a color printer and requires just a few supplies before you hit the road and head for vacation. It is my answer to the dreaded "summer slide".
First grade teachers and intervention specialists can use this as a tool for opening the school year to determine the strengths and needs of individual students who might require additional support. It provides an opportunity to differentiate with ease. My first grade teaching friends like using it for morning work or homework.
There are many engaging, interesting activities that have been carefully designed to make learning fun. If you are a parent purchasing this packet you will gain a better understanding of the Common Core since each activity is labeled with the matching standard. This will help you to support important concepts your student needs to understand and ensure their success in school.
This is another "pack and go" product that has been created in a similar fashion to Camp Common Core: Part 2 Language Arts.
Here are some of the activities included:
1. Representation of Numbers 1-10 in Many Ways
2. The Woods Are Filled With Butterflies (cut and paste addition)
3. What's That In My Tent? (counting bugs)
4. It All Adds Up to Summer Fun (writing numbers and tally marks)
5. Are You Stumped By Number Words? (cut and paste match)
6. Counting Up Our Gear (writing number words)
7. Bonding With Buddies (number bonds to 5/ cut and paste)
8. Use Your Flashlight to Find the Facts (fact fluency to 5)
9. Scooping Up Those Number Treats (representing numbers 10-19/ cut and paste)
10. The Air Is Full of Butterflies (greater than)
11. Even Teens Love Coming to Camp ( cut and paste teen numbers with ten frames)
12. Under the Stars: S'More Treats (adding to get to ten)
13. Addition Stories Around the Campfire (domino addition fun)
14. Making A Difference at the Camp Grounds (subtraction through
15.Number Writing In the Dirt ( number writing to 30 what comes
before, after, and between)
16. Bugs Are Everywhere (comparing quantities/ less than)
17. Hopping Around to Find Frogs (greater than or less than with
numbers on a number line)
18. Waiting for Camp to Start (calendar work)
19. Sweet Treats Under the Stars (days of the week cut and paste)
20. One Hundred Stars Filled the Camp Sky (tracing grid to 100)
21. "Counting On" the Rocky Road (counting on with large
22. Who Comes After Me? ( larger numbers that come after)
23. Who Comes Before Me? ( writing larger numbers that come
24.Lining Up the Tents (sequencing numbers that are larger)
25. On the Road to Camp (counting by 10's cut and paste)
26. A Rainbow of Shapes (identification and color coding)
27. Shape Up and Roll Out of Bed (graph and color shapes)
28. Shaping Up At Camp: 3D identification and sort of real world
29. Time to Sing Around the Campfire (time to the hour and half)
This is a review of many skills. I hope you have a wonderful summer and a great start as we head back to school.