163 pages of camping fun for your classroom! With a focus on addition, subtraction, money, and time, I used this activity for a classroom transformation, but it can be used as the year winds down and we approach summer, too! It also has enough activities that you can incorporate them into your math centers.
- Memory Game (3 versions)
- Write the Room Activity (20 questions in each of the 4 versions - addition, subtraction, missing addends)
- 15 Camping Ground posters
- Buying camping supplies activity (Drawing the dollars and coins needed to buy specific supplies)
- Extra Math Practice (addition, subtraction, word form, standard form, 13 word problems - on time and money and addition and subtraction)
- Camp Journal (longer addition and subtraction problems with room to explain which strategy they chose and why they chose it)
(This journal can be copied double-sided, flip on the short side. It makes differentiation easy because every kid can have different questions!)
- 1 Camping Snack note (Math Specific)
- 8 Math Bookmarks
When using this product, I set up my classroom in stations. Kids use the camp ground posters to rotate from station to station. I set the classroom up like a campsite. I brought in a pop up tent for the Write the Room activity. I also set up twinkling white lights in the library area of our classroom for one station. Finally, I used bulletin board paper to make a “lean to” and set up the Camping Journal mini books there. I had an extra station for working with the teacher or a teaching assistant, as well. I also had kids bring a clipboard with them from station to station to keep papers and have a writing surface. They had flashcards in every station, in case they finished a station early. We enjoyed the s’more snacks as a break in the middle.