Work on conversation skills with your students with this fun camping themed game!
The game includes:
27 topics of conversation related to camping
9 error cards
visual for great communication skills (staying on topic, making eye contact, taking turns in conversation, making a connected comment, asking a question, and using good body language.
How to Play:
1. Each student takes a turn grabbing a card.
2. The student going first reads or asks the question on the card to their partner.
3. The student places the question card on the visual (page 3)
4. Both students must demonstrate great conversational skills while discussing the topic. The objective is to keep the fire or conversation going.
5. Each required conversation skill is listed on each marshmallow.
6. If one of the students misses one of the conversation skills then the teacher or therapist places a “water splash” card on the fire. This means that the conversation has stopped or the fire has been put out.
7. Talk about what went wrong during the conversation and fix it!
8. The student with the least amount of water splashes wins!