Get ready to have fun camping in speech! A completely original, full color story with articulation (words, worksheets, and picture cards), vocabulary, inferences, pronouns, barrier game, following directions (step and if/then statements), before/after sequencing, what doesn't belong with negation, a rebus with context clues, and coloring sheets!
Over 40 pages of learning and fun!
I created this unit because this time of year is a planning nightmare with tons of annual review meetings and IEP's to write! This is a sanity saver! Plus, this unit is great for summer speech services!
This unit contains:
1. A seven page original full color story written with unfamiliar words underlined for students who require language reinforcement.
2. Three page sequencing worksheets (8 questions) that tie in directly to the original story. The student has to circle the correct answer from 3 provided choices.
3. Camping Riddle cards for inferencing and answering "What" questions regarding attributes and descriptions 64 cards total.
4. A list of articulation words from the camping unit covering /f, k, l, r, s/ in words. The camping riddle picture cards can also be used as articulation cards for reinforcement.
5. /f, k, l, r, s/ worksheets for phoneme discrimination, 5 worksheets in all!
6. Grammar Campers focuses on correct pronoun use (him, he, her, she, us, we, they, them) the student has to circle the correct pronoun in the sentence.
7. What doesn't belong-3 pages of "not" sentences with 3 picture clues under each question (12 questions in all) all related to camping. Categorical thought is addressed as well!
8. Camping Time rebus where the student has to read the sentence and decide which picture fits the box using contextual cues and higher order thinking skills. (10 boxes in all)
9. A barrier game about camping, two students (or more if you make more copies) place the camping pieces in the described position on the full color game board. At the end they see if they got them all in the same place. A super listening/positional activity!
10. Follow the Signs- the student is given the coloring page and listens as the multi-step (10 directions) or if/then (12) directions are read out loud.
11. Three camping fun coloring pages to reinforce learning and to keep those early finishers busy while you are still working with your group!
I hope you enjoy this!
Fall Unit for Speech and Language
Winter Unit for Speech and Language
Valentine Unit for Speech and Language
Pet Shop Unit for Speech and Language
Back to School Speech Language Activities
Lesson Plans for Low Functioning Autism in Speech Therapy
I'm Ready for Promotion! End of the School Year Poems and Certificate for Dismissal
Camping Fun Riddles
FREE! Cafeteria Rules Social Story
FREE! Visual to Expand Sentences
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺