Also included in
- Use this YEAR LONG BUNDLE of PRINT & GO math enrichment activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving fun ALL YEAR LONG. A Year of Math Challenges & Brain Teasers includes every math challenge and brain teaser pack in the store and is$89.00$119.50Save $30.50
Stuck at home? Use these PRINT & GO camping themed math activities and go on a virtual camp out! These camping themed math worksheets can be used by parents and teachers to challenge high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving FUN.
These camping math challenges & brainteasers have engaging summer camp and camping activity themes kids love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians' learning. Fun for kids and easy to use for parents and teachers.
The Camping Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 26 NO PREP math printables with answer keys you can use for second and third grade distance learning, Coronavirus packets, math centers, homework worksheets, math fast finishers, number talks, end of year math activities, math enrichment contracts, small groups, whole class problem solving, or engaging summer school work.
Perfect for integrating math with your camping themed classroom, or to use at the end of the year when students are thinking about summer camp and outdoor adventures.
Camping themes include: tents, summer camp, cabins, hiking, barbecues, mosquitoes, woods, hot cocoa, sleeping bags, roasting marshmallows, nature, campfires, and (of course!) s'mores
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- Mosquito Bites (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers to 30, guess and check)
- Mouth Full of Marshmallows (Adding 2-digit numbers to 100, guess and check)
- Cabin Assignments (Place value with 3-digits, adding 1-digit numbers within 20, guess and check)
- BBQ Planning (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers to 100, guess and check)
- Camper Combinations (Finding all possible combinations, organizing work)
- Obstacle Course (Addition, multiplication, converting minutes to hours, elapsed time)
- Camp Garden (Area, repeated addition/multiplication with 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Prepping the Popsicles (Repeated addition/multiplication with 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Campfire Seating (Doubling numbers, organizing data, adding multiple 2-digit numbers)
- Hot Cocoa Comparison (Capacity conversions with cups, pints, and quarts)
- S'more Store (Adding and subtracting money within $5.00, guess and check)
- Into the Woods (Subtraction with larger numbers, non-traditional division strategies)
- Camp Schedule (Elapsed time, adding and subtracting minutes and hours)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Campfire Clues in color and b&w (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Sleeping Bag Slumber Party in color and b&w (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Tent Tenants in color and b&w (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Dining Hall Design (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers, guess and check)
- Camp Store #1 (Adding coins and bills to $5.00, easier)
- Camp Store #2 (Adding coins and bills to $10.00, more difficult)
- Outdoor Equations #1 (Addition and subtraction within 20, balancing equations)
- Outdoor Equations #2 (Addition and subtraction within 100, balancing equations)
- CAMP Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- Nature WALK Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- HIKERS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- CABINS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- CAMPFIRES Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems. Perfect to use for homework or centers.
- Answer keys for every problem
Check out the preview to see all challenges, brainteasers, and answer keys.
If you are interested in trying out a camping theme in your classroom for the end of the year, check out this blog post with 10 End of Year Themes & Activities. Perfect for the end of the school year!
Have a fab day Super Teacher,
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like
Here are a few ideas for how you might use these challenges and brainteasers in your own classroom:
- Use these as extension activities for math contracts. Make a pack of challenge problems for advanced students to use as a fast finisher or during certain in-class math lessons when they’ve already mastered the material. You can read more about this strategy and receive a free editable math contract at my blog HERE.
- Use a challenge or brainteaser as a homework option for students who need a challenge, or let them replace a simple homework assignment with the challenge to show parents how well you’re differentiating.
- Use a math challenge or brainteaser as a “number talk” problem to start out your daily math class. Work through it as a class or let students work in partners or small groups to talk through it and solve it together.
- Give a challenge or brainteaser to a small group of students as one of their independent math workshop rotations or use them with your advanced small math group rotation.
- Use the problems as an independent practice activity during a unit on problem solving strategies (guess and check, work backwards, etc.) or attacking a multi-step problem.
- Keep a stack of challenge problems in your classroom fast finisher area for any student who wants a challenge.
- Choose one or two challenge problems for the month and reward any student who can solve both. You can put these on a bulletin board or have them available as additional incentives.
- Use the camping themed challenges as a way to engage your kiddos on those last weeks of school with a summer camp theme!
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!