*** READY for a Camping Themed Room Transformation?!!****
I'm SO excited about this camping themed skills unit! I used this pack with my 3rd graders for a FUN yet RIGOROUS week at the end of the year! Even though we had two weeks left of school and everyone was in SUMMER MODE, they were still SO engaged in these activities!
This could also be used for State Testing Review. I know preparing for state tests can become quite boring, so this is a great way to incorporate a little fun into TEST PREP.
You can go into full on room transformation by creating a campsite in your classroom or you can just allow your students to bring sleeping bags or flashlights to make it feel like a campground! I went the simple route this year and had one tent in the middle of our classroom. I also had my students make their own "fires" from paper towel rolls and red & orange construction paper! I turned that into a little STEM project and boom..room transformation was done with 5 camp fires spaced around the room!
Below are all of the activities in this Camping Themed Skills Review Pack! Check out the preview to see the activities!
1. Summer Camp Project Based Learning (Includes STEM, Writing, Language Arts, Math)
2. Solar Ovens and S'mores (Solar Ovens book included)
3. Hiking for Word Problems (Students make binoculars out of toilet paper rolls, duct tape, and yarn, then go "hiking" for word problems!)
4. Camping Riddles (Students solve math problems to reveal the answer to a camping riddle--Fractions, Place Value, Multiplication/Division, Word Problems, Money)
5. Forest Animal Pattern Puzzles
6. What Animal am I?(Students read a paragraph about a specific animal and have to guess what forest animal it is--then they will answer questions based on the text)
7. Animal Research Project (Students have a choice between creating a brochure or poster)
8. Fishing for Multiplication
9. Fishing for Root Words
10. Fishing for Synonyms