Camping Speech and Language Unit
Recommended for pre-k through 1st grade depending on skill level.
This would also be great for inclusion lessons and special education classrooms!
This unit is full of fun and engaging activities for speech and language therapy. The camping themes is perfect for fall, spring, or summer lesson plans!
• Time for S’mores an Interactive Book. This book teaches students how to make s’mores with interactive pieces. This book comes with a paper campfire and roasting sticks to use throughout this unit! This story also comes with a comprehension worksheet!
• S’mores Snack Craft. This comes with visuals, a visual schedule, and a sequencing task to make s’mores in therapy (using marshmallow paste). You will have to purchase the materials (this products only provides the visuals and instructions). I also included ideas on how to make pretend campfires to roast pretend marshmallows on! (again, materials not included).
• Instructions and visuals for campfire hand print craft.
• Let’s Go Camping Interactive Book. This is a lift-the-flap book that teachers camping vocabulary! This also comes with a comprehension worksheet and coloring activity.
• Quick No-Prep Language Pack; This pack targets categories, which one doesn’t belong, associations, following directions, antonyms, synonyms, sentence absurdities, listening comprehension stories, and positional vocabulary. There is also a bonus open-ended color by number page!
• Dab A Sound: S’mores Edition. This is a fun roll-and-dab articulation worksheet that targets common articulation targets: k, g, f, l, s, z, sh, ch, th, lblends, sblends (separate pages for sp, st, sm, sn, sk, sl, sw, mixed) pre-vocalic r, er, ar, or, air, ear, rblends. Blank pages and a drill sheet also included.
• Sample Lesson Plans (4 sessions) with visual schedule board for activities.
You can buy some of the products from this unit separately by clicking below.
Time for S’mores Interactive Book and Snack Craft
Let’s Go To Camp Interactive Book!
S’mores Quick No-Prep Language Pack
Dab-A-Sound: S’mores Edition
Check out my whole series of Lift-A-Flap Books HERE