This is a camping unit with literacy, math, science, and social studies activities. These are higher level camping activities that will keep your students engaged and excited about their camping theme.
You can transform your classroom into a campsite or just allow your students to bring a flash light in to make it feel like a campground, either way these high level activities will keep your students engaged!
All activities have a teacher guide included for extra instruction.
1. 6 Reading Rotation Activities (including a checklist, mad libs, two reading articles with compare and contrasting, a reading comprehension activity, listening to reading activity, and a teacher lesson on visualization)
2. Campfire Song Writing
3. Scary Story Writing
4. Two Mentor Text Lessons (text features & inferencing)
5. National Parks Research Project with Mentor Text
1. “Save the Bears” Math Review Activity (reviews adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, rounding, graphing, and area and perimeter)
2. “Make the S’mores” Word Problem Race (one and two step word problems in all operations)
3. Pack the Food- Money Activity
4. Plan the Trip- Time Activity
Social Studies Activities
1.Make a Campground (Econ and Cardinal Directions)
2. Make a Camping Timeline (Timelines and Research)
Solar Oven or Foil S’mores
Look here to find the lessons that teach the reading skills before you practice:
Reading Skill Lessons