This therapy at home camp pack is designed for parents of children with autism and/or hyperlexia who would like to supplement their children's therapy needs at home.
It was designed by a me, a mom of a child with autism, hyperlexia, and sensory processing disorder to target the skills that he currently needs help with. I am not a speech pathologist or an occupational therapist. However, the activities are based on my knowledge and research in the areas, as well as based on the Social Thinking(r) curriculum.
**Please note that this therapy camp pack is not designed to replace traditional therapy from a trained speech language pathologist and/or occupational therapist. If you have concerns about your child, then please consult with the appropriate professionals before starting your own therapy at home program.**
The focus of this therapy at home camp pack is to develop speech, language, social skills, and provide sensory input both at home or while camping. This pack includes:
- 9 page PDF curriculum with material list, as well as all the activities and printables that you will need to do this therapy camp from the comfort of your own home
- Uses a variety of hands-on learning activities, sensory activities, social skills videos, and printables that appeal to a variety of ages and skill levels
- 12 activities and printables designed to improve speech and language skills including pronouns, prepositions, expressive speech, vocabulary, possessives, and more
- 12 activities and printables designed to target different social skills including turn taking, identifying hidden rules, social thinking, and identifying expectations about behaviors regarding the pack's theme
- 12 sensory activities, including heavy work ideas, to do while camping, generally using materials that you would normally have with you while camping
- 12 sensory activities, including heavy work ideas, that you can do in the comfort of your own home, generally using materials that you have in your own home
This printable is for personal or single classroom use only.