This 70-page Can You Describe an Object? – Describing Words resource is packed with activities to help students comprehend describing words/attributes.
This product is based on the original children's song, “Can You Describe an Object” song, written by Gloria Rojas and Lannie Battistini. This file contains the English version of the song. This delightful rhythm will have the kids singing, dancing, and signing describing words in no time.
• Pages 4-7: Can You Describe an Object? Song: with Shutterstock images. This song introduces students to the concept of how to describe an object. Visual cues are provided for the following adjectives: big, long, round, square, tall, fluffy, flat, sharp, small, tired, crazy, hard, lazy.
• Pages 8-20: Demonstration of the following adjectives using Shutterstock images: big, long, round, square, tall, fluffy, flat, sharp, small, tired, crazy, hard, lazy.
• Page 21: Comprehension Builder & Definition Builder: Ten strategies to build comprehension of adjectives and 10 strategies to build definition skills when using adjectives.
• Page 22: Describing Tools: Describing Tools Symbols for
• young learners include the following: Category, Function, Size, Shape, Color, Parts, Location, Texture.
• Page 23: Attributes anchor chart: Category, Function, Appearance, Texture, Parts, Location.
• Page 24: Attributes game board
• Page 25: Spin an Adjective: Laminate and cut out the spinner. Add a brad and paperclip. Have the student spin the spinner and provide an attribute.
• Pages 26-40: Different graphic organizers, worksheets, and fun activities are included in this packet to support student knowledge of adjectives/describing words.
• Pages 41-51: I have…Who has…? Game: 40 I have…Who has…? game cards are provided to build comprehension of attributes..
• Pages 42-68: Attributes Chip ‘n Chat Game: 5 game boards and 40 attributes prompt cards are provided to build comprehension of attributes with this fun and engaging magnetic chip game designed to teach attributes.
You can preview the song on iTunes
For additional products related to “adjectives, describing words or attributes” please check out the following resources:
Describing Words – An Adjective Resourcehere
Dancing to the “Boogaloo” You’ll Describe it Too – Songbook Mp3 Digital Downloadhere
Con este “Boogaloo” lo describes tú – Songbook Mp3 Digital Downloadhere