✿✿✿This is a print and ready to use activity! ✿✿✿
- meets curriculum requirements for specific skill objectives such as critical thinking, expressing informed opinions, debating differing viewpoints and demonstrating collaborative skills.
- is relevant to any unit on federal governance, its practices and procedures, and the political structure in Canada.
- is updated to reflect the 2019 Federal Election Results
★★★WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED TO REFLECT POLITICAL LANDSCAPE AS A RESULT OF 2019 ELECTION.★★★
The Legislative Process
- examines the specific steps needed for a bill to become a law in Canada’s Parliament.
- walks students through the legislative process in an interactive activity
- structure of parliament in Canada
- individual riding’s represented party and MPs
- cabinet of Canada
- political parties of Canada
- Election results 2019
- coalition government
- research opportunities
Word Wall with kid-friendly language
- coalition government
- first reading
- Governor General
- House of Commons
- legislative process
- Member of Parliament (MP)
- political party
- Prime Minister
- Royal Assent
- second reading
- Speaker of the House of Commons
- Speaker of the Senate
- third reading
- majority Government
- minority Government
- Investigate rights and responsibilities in various social settings, inclusive of Acadian, African Nova Scotian, Gaels, Mi’kmaq, and additional diverse cultural groups (CZ, COM, PCD, CT, TF)
- Investigate the role of elections to form a government (CZ, COM, CI, PCD, TF)
- Investigate how Canada’s provinces and territories are represented in a central federal government (CZ, COM, CT, TF)
- Investigate the responsibilities of the federal government (CZ, COM, PCD, CT)
- Analyze the importance of the rights and responsibilities of being an active global citizen. (CZ, COM, CT, PCD, TF)
- Analyze various perspectives on a position in relation to a local/national/international issues.
♥ Click the Green ★ to follow my store and get notifications of new product launches and FREEBIES. If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through "My Purchases" under "My Account" at TpT. When you review this product, you can receive credits toward future TpT purchases. Ratings and feedback help me create better products to help fellow teachers
Thank you for your purchase!